Online Payment of Profession Tax in Maharashtra
One can quickly make the payment of employees’ profession tax (PTRC) in Maharashtra online. E-payment is mandatory for monthly payments.
You are required to file monthly returns in the first year of registration or in case your profession tax liability is over Rs.100,000 in the previous year; otherwise it is on annual basis.
Please refer this article to know more about Profession Tax in Maharashtra.
How to pay online?
- Login to https://www.mahagst.gov.in
- Click on “E-Service Login”
- Log in to VAT & other laws
- Click “Payment” and then “Return-Advance Payment”
- Select TIN and insert your PTRC No. 27…
- Enter captcha and click on next
- Select Act - (PTRC)
- Select Act Form ID - Form_IIIB
- Select relevant financial year
- Select relevant month of return from the period dropdown list (e.g. period for return is “February” for Profession Tax deducted for “January” salary)
- Enter amount of profession tax to be paid
- Select location of your jurisdiction (e.g. “Mazgaon” for Mumbai)
- Click on “Proceed for payment”
- Select “Agree” and then choose between SBIePAY if paying through State Bank of India or GRAS for other banks
- Click on “Proceed” and then “Make Payment”
- You will now have the challan page which will direct you to the bank for payment.
- Government Request Number or GRN will flash on the screen. Please note this number down for future reference.
- Once you initiate and complete the transaction through your bank account, paid challan will be generated.
- Please save paid challan for your reference.